Get Set Preschool
The Get Set program has been supported by First Presbyterian Church for more than forty-three years. Get-Set Preschool offers free preschool for families that qualify financially. There are many ways in which Get Set assists children in their education. Get Set offers:
- A creative learning environment
- Preparation for school
- Van transportation for children in the surrounding neighborhoods
- Field trips
- Crafts and fun activities
- Daily hot lunch
Units covered during the year include such topics as farm animals, nutrition, sea animals, manners, fire safety and dental week. Field trips are great learning opportunities to such interesting destinations as the fire station, zoo, dentist office, Rockledge Ranch, and Bear Creek Nature Center. Children have lots of fun learning and exploring. Each child receives focused attention and preparation for school includes meeting each individual child's needs.
Get Set is a happy and secure environment where the children can learn and grow physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually:
- Grow in small and large muscle coordination
- Learn to make friends
- Learn to work out their own problems in an acceptable manner
- Learn to listen and follow directions
- Grow in their communication skills
- Learn life skills...Dental, nutrition, fire, safety, etc.
- Recognize colors
- Recognize first and last name
- Learn to write first name
- Know their address and phone numbers
- Know the "911" emergency number and understand how to use it
- Understand the concept of right and left
- Learn to count from 1-20
- Recognize numbers 1-20
- Recognize shapes
- Understand concepts (over/under, up/down, first/last)
- Recognize and practice writing the alphabet
- Learn alphabet phonetically
- See God in our lives
- Know God loves them
- Be exposed to Bible stories and Christian songs
Get Set meets Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., during the school year.
Call Director Delma Cliett at 719.884.6130 to register.