Registration for the Covenant Partnership class (confirmation/membership) is now closed, we will offer the class again next year.
If you are already registered and looking for details, you will find them below.
We are expecting students who are taking the confirmation class to:
1) Be able to articulate why they want to become a Covenant Partner (member) of First Pres and what that means to them.
2) Attend not only the 9:45 session every Sunday, but also attend worship at either 8:20 or 11:10
3) Attend a Q & A session with a pastor on Wednesday, May 4th at 6:15 in the sanctuary.
4) Organize a meeting (with our help) with an elder on either a Wednesday or Sunday.
5) Finally, each week students will be asked to complete homework assignments that are designed to continue the conversation of confirmation at home. It is our intent and hope that these assignments will be completed with parent(s) with adequate time allowed for discussion.
***High School Students ONLY***
6) Attend a day away retreat on Saturday May 14th.
An important note – May 22nd is our All-Generations Celebration Sunday. This is the day that each student will be confirmed in all services, 8:20, 9:45 and 11:10. The expectation is that all students that are being confirmed will attend all the services on that Sunday.
*There will not be Route 56, I-78, or HSM programs that Sunday May 22nd.
We are excited for another year of confirmation classes and the discussion that they will bring!
VIDEOS: password = church
The Church, With a Capital C : (4 min. 31 sec.) what being a member of The Church is all about
Communion : the sacrament of communion
I've Been Baptized, Now What? : for those who have already been baptized
I'm Going to be Baptized : for those who are going to be baptized
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
-Student Ministries Team